Blueline PowerCost Monitor - Wireless Whole House Electricity Monitor
Blueline Innovations BLI-28000 | Our#: 175204
As seen on FOX News, ABC, and CNN Online, the PowerCost MonitorT is helping thousands of people across the United States save money. You can save up to 18 cents on every dollar you're spending right now on your electricity bill without changing your lifestyle.
With a PowerCost Monitor you can tell at a glance how much electricity your home is consuming - moment-to-moment and in total. Why wait for your electricity bill when you can see what you are spending on electricity as you spend it! Tests in Ontario and elsewhere have proven that homeowners who use real-time feedback can reduce electricity use by as much as 6 to 18 percent. This is the advantage of having real-time feedback on your electricity usage. Real-time feedback means real savings for you. Make the PowerCost Monitor a regular part of your daily household routine. Its easy to install and simple to use.
With a PowerCost Monitor you'll be able to see at a glance:
- The amount of electricity your home is using from moment to moment
- The electricity consumption of specific electrical appliances in your home so you can single out the power hungry units and take action
- The total amount of money you are spending on electricity
The PowerCost Monitor is an excellent tool to help you save. By keeping the current value of the Display Unit as low as possible you will use less electricity - up to 18 percent less every month. And that means, not only are you saving on your electricity bill every month, but you're also reducing greenhouse gas emissions; and reducing demand on the power grid.
How Does It Work?
The PowerCost Monitor is a home energy monitor that shows you what your household's electricity consumption is from moment to moment and in total. From looking at the PowerCost Monitor, you can see in real time how much electricity your home is using. Your PowerCost Monitor's smart technology calculates your home's electricity use and displays that information in a way that we can all understand - in dollars and cents as well as in kilowatt hours. You simply have to program in your utility's electric rate.
Your PowerCost Monitor T Includes Two Components:
- An easy to install Sensor Unit that you can simply attach to the outside of your electric utility meter. Once fastened in place, the sensor reads the amount of electricity the household is consuming in real-time and transmits the information wirelessly to the Power Monitor, located inside the home.
- A wireless, durable Power Monitor that resembles a small digital clock. With a range of up to 100ft from the sensor unit, you can place it just about anywhere in your home - in the kitchen, on your nightstand or conveniently placed on the wall in your hallway. Anytime of the day, you can look at your Power Monitor to see:
- How much electricity your home is using in real time
- How much money you are spending on electricity as you consume it
- The highest amount you spent on your energy usage in a 24 hour period
- The time, the temperature at meter location, signal strength and the battery strength of both the display and sensor units.
The PowerCost Monitor only shows you what your electricity is costing you. Ultimately, it is up to you to use this information to reduce your electricity bill.
The PowerCost Monitor is not a utility meter and is not intended for billing purposes. Data displayed is for informational purposes only. Due to when your meter is read by your utility and due to other utility charges, the "total" readings on your display will not exactly match what you see on your electricity bill. It is accurate within five percent of the actual amount.
Energy Saving Features
The PowerCost Monitor features an attractive, counter-top Display Unit that looks like a small electric clock. At the push of a button it displays, in real-time, your moment-to-moment and total electricity costs in dollars and cents and in kilowatt hours.
You will also be able to see your peak energy cost within the last 24 hours. It also displays the time and outside temperature (where the electric meter is located). A battery indicator lets you know when your battery power is low and a signal indicator lets you know the strength of the signal being received from the Sensor Unit.
- Appliance tab. Designed to allow the user to more easily interpret the cost of a specific energy user/appliance in the home or the impact of an action. Pressing the appliance function will zero out, baseline, current energy consumption readings in the home. The user then turns on or off an appliance or initiates a change in the home and the PowerCost Monitor will report the $ or kW impact of that change. Research identified that this is a key use of the PowerCost MonitorT in the home - the user is presently doing this intuitively, this new feature will make the math calculation that much easier.
- Predictive feature. A quick press on the total/est toggle will provide the user, based on actual energy consumption from the last reset, with an estimate of the 30 Day energy consumption totals in $'s or kW's. Research has identified this to be a significant new feature creating a "wow" factor - either getting an early read on expected 30 Day costs or more fully understanding the positive impact of energy consumption behavior changes in the home.
- Sleep function. The BLI 28000 monitor incorporates a sleep function to address the risk of premature battery rundown. In prior models, in the event the monitor and the sensor lost connectivity the sensor would go into "warp speed" mode constantly searching out the signal from the sensor and thus putting an excessive strain on the monitor's batteries. In the BLI 28000 should the monitor and the sensor lose connectivity the monitor will go into sleep mode - pressing any button on the monitor will bring the monitor back to ready mode.
- Expanded kH factor capability. The BLI 28000 monitor can accommodate kH factors of 0.1 to 99 and thus insure compatibility with high load service homes in North America today.
What's Included In The Box?
- Display Unit
- Sensor Unit
- Rubber Shim
- Clear Alignment Template
- Installation Guide & User Guide
- 4x AA Alkaline Batteries (2 for sensor, 2 for display unit)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Blueline Innovations Blueline PowerCost Monitor - Wireless Whole House Electricity Monitor:
Very useful product! I have a Type 4 meter with the sensor on top and found it a bit difficult to position the sender to get a consistent reading, but once I found the right spot, it worked as advertised. It's very informative to see what draws the most power and immediately proved what had been running up our electric bill. I would buy it again.